Friday, May 8, 2009

The Potcake Formerly Known as Avalon

We have not spoke in awhile, not since we saw you at Christmas time, and I wanted to update you on Gussy Mae [Avalon]. She is doing great and has definitely grown up. She is about 50 pounds right now but I think she is at full size now. Her health is great and she is doing fine. She is slowly getting adjusted to the heat, however, I believe Atlanta can actually be hotter than South Florida along the coast. Again, since I work part-time out of the house she is usually inside with me and the A/C during the day. She comes and go as she wants but I have to open and close the porch doors for her. We have a doggie door off the porch but not into the house.

We are slowly getting her used to our boat. She loves the ride and her face into the wind but doesn’t like getting picked up on the dock into the boat. I guess she is afraid of being dropped. The interesting thing on the boat is that after about 15 minutes she falls asleep like a baby. We are planning to take her to the Bahamas on the boat this summer when we go. We have applied for the paperwork for her to come with us. We will be there in late July for a week.

Oh, I almost forget, I have included a recent picture of her. This was taken at the house my wife is temporarily renting in Ft. Myers while she is working out of town. We don’t allow her on the furniture but she got up there when we weren’t looking. Also, she seems to know the difference between our house and the rental.

I will try to continue to keep you updated as she is a sweet girl.

Douglas & Carine Bullock

No comments: