Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hi! I’m Nancy, Secretary for RPR, and instead of writing a weekly newsletter or report, I thought I’d blog (almost) every day to keep you updated on current events and other items that I think you might be interested in. Judy will add in the pictures, too. Feel free to also send your contributions especially if you want to give us an update on one of our rescued animals! I’m also a foster mom and currently I am fostering 5 dogs and puppies and 3 cats at my house including the latest two potcakes, Rusty and Rosie, brought back this past trip. My animals include Poochi (rescued from PAWS), Gypsy (found neighborhood dog), and Hugo (permanent foster as he is a special case), then Lil Sprout, Hershey Kisses, Ashley and 2 cats, Max and MS Gator Bait. I am really leaning towards keeping Hershey, he is so sweet and smart and is good with all the other animals (very important).

Judy and Jennie spent a somewhat restful week (Jan 24 – Feb 1) on Tilloo Cay on a pet sitting gig with Janie’s crowd (saying how many animals they took care of would make it really scary), and then brought back three little ones on the plane with them and shipped 10 older ones via Delta Cargo, two per crate. The folks in Abaco are trying to get the moms spayed. The first night, Judy kept 8, I took two, and Al & Sandra took the littlest three (Jennie took 4 of Judy's 8 after they were spayed yesterday). As of today already, they have all been spayed (and one neutered) so we are looking for these potcakes to go like hotcakes this Saturday. My two 'cakes have already learned to navigate the doggy/kitty door and are well on their way to being housebroken. Rusty has a little food aggression and picks a little on his sister so he would probably do better by himself or go with an older dog, but he is very trainable. They are also both on Albon as they’ve both been stressed and had a food change. Rusty sure hates the taste of that! They are very sweet and friendly. And I’m very happy to say that they seem to have adapted to the cold weather fairly well (although I can provide sweaters).
Today is Judy’s birthday! She is my sister, and since we're only 11 months apart, we are now twins for a month! I won’t say the age though; we like to say we are ageless…

No comments: